Learn to use the COSO Enterprise Risk Management Framework and other techniques to drive organizations of all sizes and types in a desired direction while remaining aware of business activity risks.
Address challenges such as evolving markets, rapid business change and increasing regulation. Review ideas set by authoritative bodies and illustrative case studies. Those working with internal controls and risk management will benefit from this session.
- List the foundational components of the COSO Risk Management Framework
- Identify how risk affects strategy and how the converse is true
- Define important concepts such as “Risk Appetite,” “Framing Risk” and “Risk Tolerance”
- Explain the importance of organization strategy at varying levels of an entity
- List important steps required to analyze risk as it relates to strategic moves by a company
Level of Difficulty:
- An overview of COSO ERM concepts
- The steps needed to build and maintain strategies
- Understanding and control risk added by changes in direction
A basic understanding of risk and internal control concepts.
CPAs, accounting and business professionals.