LA Westside DG: Worker Classification Updates | G3121119
Date: November 19, 2019
Event Start time: 7:00 PM End time: 9:00 PM
Location: West Los Angeles
Facility: Beverly Hills Bar Association
2.00 CPE: Continuing Professional Education Technical
1.50 MCLE: MCLE Technical
Field of Interest:
Please join speaker LaVonne Lawson as she gives a review and update regarding the recently signed Assembly Bill No. 5, a legislation that changes the law in California for determining whether a worker should be classified as an "independent contractor" or as an "employee" and how it may affect your business.
- Recognize when to be concerned about worker classification issues.
- Identify issues raised under worker classification law including under California AB5.
- Determine proactive measures to take or how to address compliance issues.
Level of Difficulty:
- Review and update on employee/independent contractor classification issues
- Discuss new procedures for employers to determine classification of their employees
Specialized Knowledge Prerequisites:
Some knowledge of employee/independent contractor classification preferred. Designed For:
CPAs, attorneys and professional staff Advanced Prep:
None. Event Notes:
Online registration is closed the day of the meeting. We encourage you to attend and pay at the door. To ensure there is space available, please reach out to Program Associate Tricia Galloway at email@example.com or (818) 546-3508. Registration opens at 7 pm.
•Fees: $15/member, $25/nonmember.
•Add $5 for same day and at door registration.
•Parking: Parking is not included. Public Self-Parking is available one block away, take N Canon Drive next to the Montage Hotel, est. cost $5 after 6 p.m.
•NEW LOCATION Address: Beverly Hills Bar Association, 9420 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90212