Retirement accounts are a critical asset. Go beyond calculations. Learn to provide retirement planning.
Beneficiary rules are changing. Improper choices and faulty distribution calculations can result in penalties or unnecessary taxes. Changes that affect late rollovers and relief for those in disaster areas show that the law is dynamic and updates are necessary.
Course materials contain new regulations governing plan distributions and copies of all appropriate IRS forms and rulings, updated with the latest cases, rulings, regulations and legislation.
- Recognize key income and penalty tax issues in connection with retirement distributions.
- Determine how the death of an owner or beneficiary affects distribution calculations.
- Identify the pros and cons of various beneficiary choices to assist your client in selecting the best options.
Level of Difficulty:
- Roth IRA: The right choice?
- Income tax treatment of distributions from qualified plans of all types.
- Relief for late rollovers and disaster victims.
- Strategies for distributions before age 59.5.
- Laws, regulations and IRS rulings concerning plan distributions.
- Avoiding the 50 percent penalty on deficient distributions.
- Integration of estate planning with distribution decisions.
- Surviving spouse opportunities and dilemmas.
- Self-directed IRA investment problems.
Experience in individual tax preparation and planning and general knowledge of retirement plans.
CPAs, tax professionals, financial planners, attorneys and investment advisers.
This course will adjourn at 4 p.m.