Excel remains the tool of choice for many accounting and financial professionals when building financial models, including forecasted financial statements and budgets. Yet, many of these same professionals have never received any formal training how the best practices associated with generating these types of spreadsheets. Learn many amazing techniques that will not only help you to save valuate time when building Excel-based models, but will also improve the quality of your results.
- Identify ten best practices for creating financial models in Excel
- Utilize Excel features and add-in services for sensitivity, trend, and discounted cash-flow analyses
- Create optimization models using Excel's Solver tool
- Implement procedures for eliminating errors in Excel-based financial models
- Incorporate various formatting techniques to improve the usefulness of reports
Level of Difficulty:
- Financial models in Excel
- Excel features and add-in services for sensitivity, trend, and discounted cash-flow analyses
- Excel's Solver tool
- Formatting techniques to improve the usefulness of reports
Fundamental knowledge of computer operations and Microsoft Excel.
CPAs and financial professionals.