Keep current on ethical requirements imposed by standards-setting organizations and legislative action. Discuss regulatory, legal and ethical requirements affecting the profession.
Take a pragmatic approach to ethics, recognize potential regulatory problems, and avoid liability.
Recognize the ethical requirements brought about by professional standards and legislation.
Level of Difficulty:
- Ethical Responsibilities for CPAs
- The AICPA CODE OF Professional Conduct
- PCAOB Ethical Standards
- The Sarbanes Oxley Act
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Circular 230 for Tax Practitioners
- The Dodd Frank Banking Reform Act
CPAs and tax practitioners.