K2's Excel PivotTables for Accountants Webcast | 4203615A
Date: July 8, 2020
Event Start time: 5:00 AM End time: 12:30 PM
Facility: Webcast Rebroadcast
8.00 CPE: Continuing Professional Education Technical
4.00 AA: Auditing & Accounting
Field of Interest:
PivotTables are widely considered the most powerful feature in Excel, yet most accounting and financial professionals don't use them. PivotTables give you the power to analyze and report on very large data sets, in a fraction of the time you're currently spending to complete such tasks.
Learn to build PivotTables, group data inside PivotTables – including grouping options for fiscal periods – and create user-defined calculations in your PivotTables. Discover advanced PivotTable techniques, including the creation of PivotTables that consolidate data from multiple data ranges and PivotTables dynamically connected to external databases and financial accounting systems. Take advantage of other Excel features associated with PivotTables, including Slicers, Power Query, and Power Pivot. Master Excel PivotTables!
If you've struggled with PivotTables this course is for you.
- Identify the six main elements of a PivotTable report and their use when creating PivotTables.
- Create PivotTables and manipulate data in PivotTables using grouping techniques, modified Field Settings, user-defined calculations, and sorting and filtering options.
- Import and link data from external data sources into PivotTables; additionally, use Tables and Data Models as data sources for PivotTables.
- Create Consolidation PivotTables to consolidate data from multiple data sources in Excel.
- Construct PivotTables in enterprise-class organizations using Power Pivot and Slicers.
- Analyze data in PivotTables using tools and techniques, such as sorting, filtering, Excel’s GETPIVOTDATA function, and PivotCharts.
- Apply specific PivotTable techniques to solve problems in areas of PivotTable formatting, creating multiple PivotTables from a single data source, grouping PivotTable data into fiscal reporting periods, and keeping PivotTable row order intact.
Level of Difficulty:
- PivotTable report
- Grouping techniques, modified Field Settings, user-defined calculations, and sorting and filtering options
- External data sources into PivotTable
- Consolidation PivotTables
- Power Pivot and Slicers
- Multiple PivotTables from a single data source, grouping PivotTable data into fiscal reporting periods
Fundamental understanding of Microsoft Office Excel 2007 or newer.
Accounting and financial professionals who want to use the power of Excel PivotTables to analyze and summarize data