Making Better Financial Healthcare Decisions Webcast | 4203829B
Date: August 11, 2020
Event Start time: 8:30 AM End time: 4:00 PM
Facility: Webcast Event
8.00 CFP: Certified Financial Planner Technical
8.00 CPE: Continuing Professional Education Technical
8.00 MCLE LS-TX: Legal Specialization-Taxation Law Technical
6.50 MCLE: MCLE Technical
Field of Interest:
Health-related decisions are encountered in every life stage. Making good choices can have a major impact on personal happiness and financial success.
Acquire a better understanding of medical insurance options, including government exchanges, workplace plans and health savings accounts, as well as Medicare and Medigap strategies. Many don't realize it, but one's health is one's greatest wealth. Managing the risk of a financially catastrophic illness requires thoughtful analysis of personal, tax and financial factors.
Formerly titled: Financial Planning For Healthcare
- Understand medical insurance terminology and options.
- Recognize the need to plan in mid-life for end-of-life decisions.
- Identify the correct path through the Medicare and Medigap maze.
- Preserve wealth by making the right long-term care choices.
Level of Difficulty:
- The interrelationship of health, happiness and financial well-being.
- Tax planning for health care costs.
- The failures and successes of the Affordable Care Act.
- Medical insurance terminology, alternatives, and strategies for selecting the best option.
- The pros and cons of health savings accounts.
- Traditional long-term care insurance, hybrid strategies, or self insure?
- Medicare Parts A, B, C and D and Medigap plans.
- Incapacity, elder law, Medicaid and choosing a long-term care facility.
- Hospice and palliative care.
Specialized Knowledge Prerequisites: Designed For:
Advanced Prep: Event Notes:
CPAs, attorneys, insurance agents and financial professionals.
This course will adjourn at 4 p.m.