Accountants with good writing skills are more likely to get promoted. What makes good writing good? Short, concise sentences with powerful, energetic verbs and lean word choices.
In this fast-paced, interactive course, learn five principles for writing strong sentences. Principles include: writing with verbs; using the active voice; simplifying sentences; and writing for the reader. Also, explore three essential editing principles that help provide quick and accurate correction. Gain the skillset to write clearly and concisely.
Bonus Opportunity: For a small fee, submit writing samples to be edited by the instructor. Danziger will comment on grammar, planning, punctuation, and conceptualization of the document, offering valuable insights that will help improve the results of your writing.
- Replace unnecessary nouns with verbs in a sentence.
- Change the passive voice to the active voice.
- Remove unnecessary words from a sentence.
- Simplifying a complex sentence.
- Revise a sample sentence.
- Create strategies for editing
Level of Difficulty:
- Business writing
- Practice development
- Coaching others to write well
Young professionals, supervisors and managers.