CPAs and industry professionals need to stay current on the evolving Federal income tax and other applicable tax laws applied to marijuana.
At least eight states—including California—and the District of Columbia allow legalized marijuana sales and much more allow medical marijuana sales. Attendees will become familiar with rules and challenges that affect this growing industry to serve clients best.
- Identify the primary legal and tax changes affecting businesses.
- Determine the effects of correctly reporting marijuana sales for federal income tax purposes.
Level of Difficulty:
- Income taxability
- Restrictions on expense deductibility
- Application of capitalization rules
- Ethical and non-tax legal constraints
Tax practitioners and financial professionals.