This program will teach the nuts and bolts of criminal tax investigation and explore the tools and techniques that every tax practitioner should understand to effectively defend clients from criminal prosecution. Additionally, this program will explain the criminal tax statues that the IRS uses to prosecute taxpayers for tax crimes.
- Recognize what factors must be present for the Criminal Investigation division to prosecute a tax case.
- Identify Title 26 and Title 28 status.
- Determine Civil Tax Avoidance from Criminal Tax Evasion.
1. Understanding the IRS Criminal Investigation Division Level of Difficulty:
2. What Factors must be present for CID to prosecute a tax case
3. Understanding the Title 26 and Title 18 criminal statutes that the IRS uses to prosecute a tax crime
4. Civil Tax Avoidance from Criminal Tax Evasion
5. Understanding the tools and techniques used by the IRS to investigate and prosecute criminal tax crimes.
Registration opens at 11:30 AM and presentation begins at 12:30 PM.
Fees: $22/member, $32/nonmember.
Add $5 for same day and at door registration.
Includes buffet lunch which begins at 11:30 AM
90-minute parking is free with validation and $1.50 for each additional ½ hour.
Address: El Cholo Cafe 300 E. Colorado
Pasadena, CA 91101