Gain insight into the future of private company reporting and the choices regarding available reporting options.
With the use of GAAP for private companies in the early implementation stages, professionals are awaiting the approval of some form of IFRS for public companies and the possible revision of financial statement presentation for all businesses in the next few years.
All CPAs, practitioners, members of the industry and educators need to be aware of these critical and pending events that will dramatically shift the accounting environment, as the immediate areas of concern extend beyond simple accounting changes. Get on the cutting edge of change and become the subject matter expert in these vital areas of change.
Formerly titled: Financial Reporting for Private Companies and SMEs: The Approaching Perfect Storm!
- Identify the structure of IASB.
- Identify major differences between IFRS for SMEs and U.S. GAAP.
- Determine private company reporting options in the U.S.
- Identify the current implementation status of private company GAAP and the Financial Reporting Framework.
Level of Difficulty:
- History of private company accounting in the U.S.
- Current status of U.S. GAAP reporting options for private companies.
- Differences between IFRS for SMEs and U.S. GAAP.
- Financial reporting options for nonpublic companies.
- Business issues impacted by these pending changes.
Knowledge of financial reporting.
CPAs, practitioners, industry financial professionals and educators.