This in-depth analysis of the year's important changes in Federal and California tax law will take you through new legislation, TCJA guidance, regulations, cases, rulings and other important developments affecting individual taxpayers.
Course materials summarize each important development and the eBook provides links to the full text of source documents discussed during the program. Materials are supplemented by a website maintained for this course—mntaxclass.com—which provides up-to-date additions, including instructor PPT slides and other supplementary materials.
Note: This is the companion course to Federal and California Tax Update for Businesses and Estates.
- Identify new federal and California tax legislation affecting individuals.
- Determine the past year's significant regulations; IRS and FTB rulings; and other administrative guidance on individual income tax matters.
- Identify the most important 2019 court cases addressing individual income tax issues.
Level of Difficulty:
- 2019 federal and California tax legislation.
- 2019 final and proposed individual income tax regulations.
- Relevant IRS and FTB rulings and notices.
- Relevant individual income tax cases.
- Tax practice and compliance matters, including planning and due diligence considerations.
General knowledge in taxation.
CPAs, attorneys and tax practitioners.