Cover case studies and engage in discussion questions that cover fair positions in tax returns, ethical issues in tax practice, fairness in financial reporting, and integrity and materiality judgments.
This course fulfills the four-hour ethics education requirement.
- Identify the AICPA's professional ethics standards that apply to situations in public practice and industry.
- Recognize potential problem areas concerning compliance with ethics standards.
- Recall the criteria for evaluating the fairness of financial statements, as well as the fairness related to tax returns and tax practice.
Level of Difficulty:
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Fair positions in tax returns
- Ethical issues in tax practice
- Fairness in financial reporting
- Integrity and materiality judgments
- Ethics involving related party, pro forma results and accounting change disclosures
Financial reporting or income tax experience in practice or industry.