Leases: Lessor & Effective Date and Transition (Topic 842-30) Webcast | 4203309A
Date: August 18, 2020
Event Start time: 11:00 AM End time: 1:00 PM
Facility: Webcast Remote
2.00 CPE: Continuing Professional Education Technical
2.00 AA: Auditing & Accounting
Field of Interest:
The last of a three-course series, focused on ASC 842, Leases. Leasing is popular among corporations, for needs including office space and equipment. Addresses leasing from the perspective of a lessor, and the effective date and transition for both the lessor and lessee. Public company disclosures will also be reviewed. Attendees should be familiar with content from the first course, Leases: Is It a Lease? and the second course, Leases: Lessees.
ASC 842, Leases, is now effective for most publicly traded entities. Private companies and nonprofit entities should also prepare, as the effective date for nonpublic entities is annual reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2020. Early application is also permitted. Prepare your clients and companies for adoption.
- Recognize the lease at commencement under sales-type, direct financing, and operating leases, from the perspective of a lessor.
- Calculate the subsequent measurement under sales-type, direct financing, and operating leases, from the perspective of a lessor.
- Describe the presentation of the leases in the financial statements.
- Identify the effective date for public and nonpublic entities.
- Describe the transition requirements for both lessees and lessors.
- Review a selection of public companies' lease disclosures.
Level of Difficulty:
- FASB ASC 842, Leases
- All recently released updates to ASC 842, Leases
Leases: Is It a Lease? and Leases: Lessee
Advanced Prep: Event Notes:
CPAs, auditors, consultants, and financial and management professionals.