This course provides participants with critical Federal tax law updates resulting from current laws, regulations and court cases impacting individuals. A review of the SECURE Act, CARES Act, and an update of the TCJA is included. Critical topics to be covered include the current status of the qualified business income deduction, retirement planning, review of the so-called "Extenders" and various TCJA of 2017 fixes.
• Identify the major federal income tax laws impacting individuals as well as changes to Form 1040 and other related schedules and forms.
• Recognize any new legislation passed by President Trump and IRS guidance affecting individual income tax returns.
Level of Difficulty:
• Detailed coverage of any new individual income tax law signed by President Trump.
• Look at any changes to the Form 1040 and other related schedules and forms.
• Cover issues related to the various taxes, i.e., income, capital gain, self-employment and alternative minimum tax (AMT).
• Review changes to depreciation, itemized deductions, adjustments to income, passive activities and tax credits.
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation.
Tax accountants in public or private practice in need of a federal individual income tax update.
Wireless Internet access, lunch and discounted parking will be provided for this event and are included in your registration fee.