Tired of workpapers always growing? Learn to identify required documentation and relevant risks. Make meaningful improvements to stay peer review compliant. Cases studies will compare and contrast different operations/risk profiles. Decrease time consuming, peripheral documentation of non-risk areas. Discuss reviewing tips and team/client management best practices to save time and effort.
Bonus Section: To further increase time management skills, there will be Productivity Hacks, Apps, Tips and Tricks section.
Formerly titled: Documentation Requirements, Design and Reviewing Techniques of Workpapers
- Know what documentation is required, and where.
- Determine and outline key risk areas and how to more efficiently document them.
- Review workpaper tips and establish best practices for team management.
- Recognize productivity hacks, apps, tips and tricks.
Level of Difficulty:
- Common deficiencies in engagement documentation as noted in peer reviews.
- Standard workpaper documentation best practices.
- The effect of working papers on the CPA's legal liability
- Documentation relating to specific areas of fraud, use of estimate, related parties, legal contingencies and the ability of the entity to continue as a going concern.
- How to best address analytics.
- Management process and approach to workpaper review.
CPAs, auditors and financial professionals.
This course will adjourn at 4 p.m.