This annual update covers activities of the Private Company Council (PCC), FASB trends, and reviews SAS and SSARS.
Stay current on new standards related to financial accounting, compilation and review, and auditing. Learn specific requirements of the standards and their potential impact on financial statements. Review the pipeline of proposed standards. Discuss activities of the PCC and examine the FASB agenda.
Note: SEC reporting requirements and public company audit requirements will not be covered.
- Recognize the requirements and impact of all financial accounting standards recently issued or effective in 2017 and thereafter.
- Determine compilation and review standards issued during the past two years.
- Identify and gain an understanding of recently enacted or proposed auditing standards.
- Recall the activities of the Private Company Council (PCC).
Level of Difficulty:
- Review of select AICPA Technical Questions and Answers
- Upcoming changes to revenue recognition, leasing and financial instruments
- Compilation and review standards and interpretations (SSARS)
- Auditing standards and interpretations (SAS & SSAE)
General working knowledge of GAAP as well as compilation, review and audit standards.
CPAs, auditors and accountants.