K2's Excel Tips Tricks and Techniques for Accountants Webcast | 4203636F
Date: August 26, 2020
Event Start time: 9:00 AM End time: 4:30 PM
Facility: Webcast Rebroadcast
8.00 CPE: Continuing Professional Education Technical
4.00 AA: Auditing & Accounting
Field of Interest:
Excel is the accountant's tool of choice for analyzing and reporting financial data, yet many use time-consuming and error-prone processes to complete everyday tasks. Learn efficient and effective ways to work with Excel, including countless tips, tricks, and techniques to improve your productivity, reduce time spent on mundane tasks, and customize Excel for accuracy and efficiency. Gain skills like formula-building, best practices for linking Excel data from other worksheets and workbooks, and how to streamline report generation and printing.
Your K2 instructor will reinforce key points with practical, real-world examples to improve your understanding and comprehension. Drawing on over twenty-five years of experience in delivering spreadsheet training to accounting and financial professionals to assure you receive only the most relevant and useful information and guidance.
- Identify situations in which various Excel features can increase productivity and apply each of these techniques in context, such as Freeze Panes, Split Windows, selecting cells with special characteristics, AutoCorrect, the Office Clipboard, and Paste Special.
- Implement tools and techniques for formatting data in Excel, including multiline column headings, the Accounting Format, custom date and number formats, and Conditional Formatting.
- Customize Excel’s user environment, including the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, adjust Excel’s Options to improve efficiency, and create and use Templates to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Utilize various formula building tools to create formulas more efficiently and create various types of formulas, including formulas, to manipulate text and dates, formulas containing VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions, formulas that contain conditional calculations, and formulas that contain circular references.
- Link data across multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks, update and manage links, and create sum-through formulas and rolling reports.
- Implement procedures for producing Excel-based reports, including adjusting print settings, using the Camera feature to create report forms, and working with Custom Views to automate print settings.
Level of Difficulty:
- Freeze Panes, Split Windows, selecting cells with special characteristics, AutoCorrect, the Office Clipboard, and Paste Special
- Formatting data in Excel, including multiline column headings, the Accounting Format, custom date and number formats, and Conditional Formatting
- Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, adjust Excel’s Options to improve efficiency
- Formula building tools
- Link data across multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks
- Excel-based reports
Computer Software and Applications Prerequisites:
Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel 2007 or newer.
Advanced Prep: Event Notes:
Accounting and financial professionals who want to learn how to use Excel more efficiently and effectively