K2's Paperless Office Webcast | 4203634D
Date: August 21, 2020
Event Start time: 5:00 AM End time: 12:30 PM
Facility: Webcast Rebroadcast
8.00 CPE: Continuing Professional Education Technical
Field of Interest:
Would you like to find important documents in 10 seconds or less? Would you like to ensure that all your digital information is safe and secure? Would you like to improve efficiency in workflow? You can with a paperless office. Eliminating the paper we shuffle can lead to tremendous rewards.You'll learn best practices and proven processes for effective document management.
Implement simple, inexpensive document management systems at an individual, work group, or small business level. Also, implementation of more sophisticated and comprehensive document management systems – complete with automated workflow processing - appropriate for larger offices and organizations.
You'll gain key skills, such as digitizing hard copy files, exporting and importing data from specialized applications into a document management system, key hardware and software considerations, and the policies necessary to facilitate a successful office. Gain a comprehensive understanding of options, and clear direction to implement your own Paperless Office.
- Define key paperless terms such as Document Management, Records Management, and Business Process Management
• Estimate the Return on Investment of moving to a paperless environment
• Create a Records Retention Policy appropriate for your organization
• Identify the three components of a successful document management initiative
• List key characteristics of Electronic File Cabinet solutions and Document Management solutions and typical costs associated with these systems
• Identify key hardware and software requirements for successful document management, including scanners, storage, memory, operating systems, and network considerations
• Describe key data backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity issues and identify key vendors in this area and the solutions they offer
Level of Difficulty:
- Document Management, Records Management, and Business Process Management
- Paperless environment
- Records Retention Policy
- Electronic File Cabinet solutions and Document Management solutions
- Scanners, storage, memory, operating systems, and network considerations
- Data backup, disaster recovery
Information Technology Prerequisites:
Fundamental knowledge of computer operations.
Advanced Prep: Event Notes:
Accountants and other business professionals who are seeking to improve document management processes in their organizations