Meet the ethics requirement while addressing significant changes in the statutory and regulatory standards that govern tax practitioners.
Explore rules that govern professional conduct in tax practice, including responsibilities to advise clients on tax positions and related penalty avoidance.
Portions of course materials from Kip Dellinger, Practical Guide to Federal Tax Practice Standards (CCH).
- Identify federal and California rules governing the conduct of tax practitioners, including Circular 230, Statements on Standards for Tax Services and statutory requirements.
- Recognize new federal preparer penalty and disclosure provisions with regard to tax positions.
- Determine how to implement quality control in a tax practice.
Level of Difficulty:
- Federal and California statutory and regulatory standards governing tax preparers: Preparer penalty provisions, Circular 230 and;AICPA Statements on Standards for Tax Services.
- Tax shelter and reportable transactions issues in depth.
- Attorney-client, Sec. 7525 and work product privilege issues and Kovel arrangements.
CPAs, attorneys and enrolled agents.