Tax procedures account for a significant portion of internal revenue and revenue taxation codes. We'll focus on key tax procedure issues involved in tax compliance and representing taxpayers in tax controversy matters.
Examine issues including return due dates, statutes of limitations for IRS assessments of taxes and taxpayer claims for refund, a variety of ‘relief’ provisions available to taxpayers for oversights, and corrective actions. If the CPA tax preparer/adviser is unaware of, or overlooks some provisions, it may be too late to take action with regard to the matter.
This two-hour presentation focuses on key tax procedure issues involved in tax compliance and in representing taxpayers before the IRS and Franchise Tax Board in tax controversy matters.
• To alert tax preparers and advisers to critical procedural provisions that may benefit clients
• To inform tax preparers and representatives of tax procedure that may benefit a client in an avoiding, addressing or mitigating adverse return examination issues
• To enable tax preparers and adviser to identify and utilize key taxpayer ‘relief’ provisions in federal and California tax law
Level of Difficulty:
• Key compliance procedures with regard to return preparation of original and amended returns
• Understanding key procedures with regard to IRS examination
• Understanding key relief provisions for oversight, errors and later discovered facts or information
Two years of experience in preparing income federal income tax returns or equivalent educational experience.